I’m honored to accept the Liebster Award from Bianca (Stumbling for Balance)! My sincere appreciation goes out to you, my other lovely followers, and the whole blogosphere.
It’s quite fitting that today’s Daily Prompt is “I’d Like to Thank My Cats”: You are receiving an award –- either one that already exists, or a new one created just for you. What would the award be, why are you being honored, and what would you say in your acceptance speech?
Awards always come as a delightful surprise. The Liebster Award is for new-ish bloggers (less than 200 or 300 followers), who you think others need to know about. I’m truly grateful to have more than 200 followers but less than 300. The number’s rising daily, but I’m trying my best to recognize each and every one of you. I don’t want to get to the point where I’m like “Who the heck is that? Never heard of them.” There’s a reason I’m following you; I don’t want to forget that — and I hope you feel the same for me.
Sentimentality aside, the rules for the Liebster Award are:
- Bekki Hill: The Creativity Cauldron
- Francesca: A Smith’s World
- Ladyleemanila: A Girl in Fringe, Pretty in Red
- La Chica: La Chica Que Vino A La Vida
- Rachel: Creatopath
- Gitana: With Love Gitana
- Jane (Ethical Artisans): La Floralie
- Kathy: Shangri-La
- LaChouett: Chouett Book Reviews for Pleasure
- Tina: Novel Meals
11 FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I love listening to audiobooks, even though the narrators may read the book in ways that I wouldn’t if I were reading it myself (e.g., emphasizing certain words).
- I enjoy helping others interpret their dreams/nightmares.
- I know “fear” can also mean “to stand in awe.”
- I despise bananas.
- I’m not a fan of chocolate (cookie brownies and hot cocoa aren’t included in this).
- I’m underestimated and overestimated.
- I have a versatile learning style (solitary, social, visual, verbal, aural, physical, and logical).
- I need to love myself and others better.
- I cherish music (from rock to KPop)
- I can stand to be more assertive.
- I’m striving to get a MFA in creative writing.
MY ANSWERS TO BIANCA’S QUESTIONS
1) IF YOU COULD PLAN OUT YOUR IDEAL DAY, WHAT IS ONE THING THAT YOU WOULD MAKE SURE TO DO?
- What’s the fun in just stopping at one thing? I’d wake up at the crack of dawn to the sound of the Lion King song (the intro to “Circle of Life,” the first 50 seconds). I’d make a full breakfast (from free range farm eggs to cinnamon rolls) with my loved ones while listening to praise music. Afterwards, we’d pack the car and head for the beach. Nature trails and a pier amusement park would also be in that area. We’d hike, eat fruit, then swim to our heart’s delight. We’d wash up at our hotel and experience awe-inspiring massages before heading back out to dine, dance, and go crazy at the uncrowded amusement park. Finally, we’d crash in our magnificent hotel beds and rest up for the drive in the morning.
2) WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE PERSON IN THIS WORLD? (SAY THE FIRST PERSON THAT CAME TO MIND)
- Jesus ❤
- Check out this post
3) IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT THIS WORLD WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
- The way we react to truth (and constructive criticism). More than half the time, if we just listen and strive to understand instead of closing ourselves off, the results will amaze us.
4) IF YOU HAD ONE SUPERPOWER WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- Healing or teleportation. Hmm, decisions, decisions. I guess I’ll go with teleportation, because what’s the point of healing if I can’t get to the people. Instead, I can help them get to healers. I also love to travel, so that’d be a major plus! 😀
5) WHAT’S YOUR BIGGEST GOAL YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH?
- Reach many through my writing.
6) WHAT HAS INSPIRED YOU TO TAKE UP WRITING?
- A hurricane among other things.
- And the fact that “writing is the only [work] that when I do it, I don’t feel I should be doing something else” (Gloria Steinem).
7) WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE GENRE?
- Oh, this depends. It’d be easier to ask what aren’t my favorite genres, because I love action, adventure, animation, comedy, crime, docudrama, documentary, drama, family, fantasy, film noir, historical, horror, musical, romance, sci-fi, slapstick, sport, suspense, thriller, travel, and more. But if I had to choose just one . . . nope, can’t do it. (Lol)
8) WHO IS ONE PERSON THAT HAS LIVED OR IS STILL ALIVE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO MEET?
- Right now, I’d say Andrew Lincoln. He plays “Rick Grimes” from the Walking Dead. Enough said.
9) WHAT’S THE ONE PLACE THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRAVEL BUT HAVEN’T GOTTEN TO YET?
- Just one? You’re killing me . . . um . . . London. I want to be immersed in the culture, ride a red double-decker bus, engage myself in all the attractions, and cycle through a park.
10) CAT OR DOG?
- D to the O to the G (sorry to my nonexistent cats)
11) WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE 3 LEGS OR 3 ARMS?
- WHAT?! Fine. Three arms. I already trip over my two feet. There’s no need to make that any more awkward.
11 STUPENDOUS QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES AND VIEWERS:
1. You’re in trouble. Why?
2. You start your car. What’s playing on the radio?
3. You go into your kitchen. What do you grab?
4. You’re crying. Why?
5. You had a crazy dream last night. What was it?
6. Tea or coffee?
7. You’re going on an ideal date? Who are you with and what are you guys doing?
8. If you could live a character’s life for one day, which character would it be and why?
9. Is your mind an enigma?
10. Would you rather be a child or an adult in a post-apocalyptic world?
11. What languages do you speak, read in, and/or understand? What languages do you want to?