Hey one, hey all! A special thanks to Mark from Coloring Outside the Lines for passing on this award! ❤ I’m honored to accept this from a fellow blogger who also loves hiking. I hope one day I’ll witness the glorious natural sounds of Glacier Bay, Alaska. If you haven’t already, check out his blog and the blogs of his other nominees.
Now, onwards and upwards!
The rules for this award are simple:
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you (How could I not? :D)
- Tell us 11 facts about you (Coming up next)
- Answer the questions set up for you (Will do)
- Nominate 11 people and make questions for them (Of course! But it’s hard to choose only 11 people)
Here are 11 facts about me:
- I love tea, strongly dislike coffee
- I can bend my thumbs backward at a 90-degree angle.
- My favorite “oldies” TV shows are the Golden Girls and Three’s Company.
- I wanted Draco Malfoy to catch the snitch in Chamber of Secrets (not Harry during the quidditch match) and to have a bigger role in Book / Movie 7 (and 7.2).
- I can never get enough of gifs.
- Latest Anime obsessions are Sword Art Online and Fushigi Yuugi.
- I can’t lick my elbow.
- I recently finished LOST on Netflix!
- I still prefer sneakers and boots over heels.
- I don’t like ants.
- Um … I joined Twitter last month (@WritingIzzy)
My answers to Mark’s questions:
1. where in the world would you go and what would you do?
>>> London is my OTD (one true destination) that will some day kick start my European tour.
2. what is the first thing you do when writing, develop character or theme?
>>> I listen to music and feel out the scenes playing through my head. This way, I come to know my characters and their stories. Then when I understand more of the plot and characters, I note if there’s an ongoing theme in the midst of it.
3. what is the one piece of your writing/photos that I need to see?
>>> Just one? Uh…error…error…
4. why did you start and did the reason change as you have developed a style?
>>> Oooh, I answered this question here. That reason has only strengthened with time. I need to understand and speak up even more.
5. if you could only do one thing What would it be?
>>> I’m guessing besides breathing, eating, and other such needs, right…? Okay, then that’s easy — to care. Care about others, myself, and my environment.
6. What is the go to meal, when you have to make something on the spot?
>>> Sandwiches 😉 (esp PB&Js), yogurt and granola, or plain salads with Italian vinaigrette.
7. how much time to you on vacation a year?
>>> 3- 5 times per year
8. dark woods, empty train station, or abandoned building where is last place you’d ever be?
>>> Unfortunately, I’ve been in all three. Fortunately, I lived to tell the tales. But in the future, the last place you’ll find me is an abandoned building.
9. What’s your music playlist?
>>> Too much to list, but it includes kpop, inspirational, alternative, rock, instrumentals, rap, r&b, caribbean
10. who would you want to meet, anyone in history included
>>> To name a few: Paul the Apostle, Ruth in the Bible, Andrew Lincoln (Rick from Walking Dead), Ivy Lee (possibly the originator of Public Relations), the Brothers Grimm, Zora Neale Hurston, and Marie Curie (pioneered research on radioactivity).
11. who’s next person I should follow?
>>> Here are a few 😀 ❤ Presenting my 11+ NOMINEES:
- Sonya @ Only 100 Words
- Ameena @ Randoms by a Random
- Curtis @ Journey of a Blogvelist
- Louise @ The Storyteller’s Abode
- Millie @ Millie Thom
- Huma @ HumaAq
- Jessie @ Reflections of Life’s Journey
- Van @ Van by the River
- Victoria @ Addlepates and Book Nerds
- Twenty7Zero3 @ Sandeep
- And you (yes, you)!
*11 questions for my nominees*
- 1. What are you looking forward to (later today or this week)?
- 2. What is the last book you read? Who would you recommend it to?
- 3. Are you a planner or a go-with-the-flower?
- 4. Have you ever traveled?
- 5. Do you listen more than speak, or vice versa?
- 6. Would you rather lose an arm or a leg?
- 7. Do you have or want kids?
- 8. What is one thing your family/friends do that warms your heart?
- 9. What is one thing your family/friends do that annoys you?
- 10. What is your favorite breakfast?
- 11. What is the last movie that made you cry (hooked you enough to feel such emotions)?