Cheers to my new feature: Tuesday Mash-Ups
To start it off, here’s a small collection of Blogging 201 progress that I’ve found to be invigorating, respectively. I believe a concrete view of how we’re all part of something bigger can help us. Thanks to all who posted!
If you’ve read other posts that aren’t included here, but that have impacted your experience of Blogging 201, share them with us in a comment below.
Oh! And before we get started, here’s a song to listen to while reading (2015 is the new 2010):
1) SET THREE GOALS (Feb 1st)
First things first: let’s set some goals and plan for success.
This is an effective way to reflect on how I’ll move forward with my blogging experience. Some goals are short-term developments while others are long-term. I used the SMART strategy (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-related). The purpose of my blog and aspirations is to combine my fictional and psychological passions. I set (and reset) goals that are associated with that purpose. But in the future, I want to post an update with more numbers and specific deadlines.
- Izzy Grabs Life (yours truly): My Goals
- Maria Says Yes: On Setting Goals
- Thistles and Whistles: Branding and Growth
2) AUDIT YOUR BRAND (Feb 2nd)
To build a strong brand, you have to assess your blog, top to bottom. Today you’ll figure out what’s inconsistent or unhelpful — and start to fix it.
One day I’ll create a brand logo, but that day isn’t today. Aside from that, I’ll push to post relevant topics, so my blogging purpose remains clear. That includes tying my challenge entries to writing. Example: My latest entry into the One Word Photo Challenge included a segment from Virginia Woolf’s “The Waves.”
3) GET READ ALL OVER (Feb 3rd)
Make sure your site is mobile-friendly, and familiarize yourself with the features of responsive design.
I recently questioned whether I should stick with my theme (iTheme2) or leave it for another (penscratch). Now, you know how I feel about Love Vs — what do you mean you don’t? Being the super nice person that I am, I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that. o.O ANYWAY, I finally decided to be about something and stay loyal to iTheme2. Not to say we’ll be together forever, but I’m happy with it right now. Plus, I love purple.
4) GIVE ‘EM WHAT THEY WANT (Feb 4th)
Conduct a short and simple stats analysis that will help you create an editorial calendar for the next 30 days.
Staying involved in challenges and Blogging U helps. Like other bloggers, I’m striving for a steadier flow of views, visitors, likes, comments, and followers.
- MichaelBencik: 20,000 Hits Plus The Thirty Day Sketch Challenge
- JillyPopMusic: Editorial Schedule
- Sandcastle Arundhati: Castle News Overview
5) MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ARCHIVES (Feb 5th)
Published, but not forgotten: today, you’ll integrate features to draw traffic to your older content, including widgets, related posts, and a “Best of” page.
I added widgets (top posts, gravatar, calendar, goodreads) and enabled related posts. I also found the sticky slider feature of iTheme2 and included past posts that I’d love to direct viewers to.
- European Travel Adventures: My Favourite Posts Page
- Lisa: Week One Recap & Sidebar Widgets
- Anne Murray: Spruce Up Your Widgets
6) DIG DEEP INTO A SOCIAL NETWORK (Feb 8th)
Focus on one social network to grow your blog. Connect it to your site, and think through how you’ll use strategically it over the next month.
I need to do this. I should do this. Twitter, Tumblr, my eyes are on you. I also want to host guest posts with fellow writers (and published authors). That’d be a fun way of social networking.
- WagginMasters Jerry and Carol: But Am I Really That Sociable?
- A Word Adventure: Dig Deep Into A Social Network
- Vienna jeanne 정은 kim: Instagram = Life
7) MAKE THE MOST OF EVENTS (Feb 9th)
Create a recurring blogging event on your site, get involved other events, and/or make plans to attend a conference.
I want to transform my Tuesday Mash-Ups feature into an event. I’ll share more about this soon.
- Elle Knowles: Reblog Wednesdays
- Terri Webster Matal: Vital Events & Goals
- Curtis Bausse: Pic ‘n Post Event Announcement
HAPPY BLOGGING! (Click here to check out more of Blogging 201)
Extra treats to share: